You probably don’t give too much thought to the components of a refrigerator unless it stops cooling, or before it is time to buy a new model. To ensure you get the most use possible out of this kitchen appliance it can be very nice to know exactly how a refrigerator keeps your food cold—and United Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Continue reading to learn all you need to know about how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is time to call refrigerator repair Union City.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You won’t find many homes that don’t feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a standard kitchen appliance for several years now. A residential refrigerator can store food at the best temperature, to eliminate rotting and limit the growth of harmful bacteria. The process of refrigeration works by moving the warmth from the inside of the unit to the exterior, using principles of evaporation and condensation.
The primary parts of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call United Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is both a motor and pump, and it is need for circulation of refrigerant dispensed in the system.
The compressor is an integral part of a refrigerator. You should call on a professional company if the compressor is no longer working.
A refrigerator condenser is located on the rear outside wall of the appliance and is there to release the warmth absorbed within the refrigerator then out into the surrounding air.
A refrigerator evaporator is stored in the inside of the refrigerator where absorbs heat trapped within it, effectively lowering the interior temperature.
Once the evaporator stops working, it’s time to call a professional. You should not wait too long.
Liquid coolant is transferred within a capillary tube which acts as an expansion tool to cool the gas inside, turning it back into a liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat helps regulate the current temperature inside the refrigerator, engaging the cooling cycle as it is appropriate.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is very prone to issues. Troubleshoot and call a technician in Union City for repair right after a problem occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Right when the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator rises higher than the set point sensors notify the refrigerator compressor to begin, and the cooling period starts. The appliance draws in the cold liquified refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and increases the temperature, so it can turn into a gas form.
2. The compressor unit pushes the heated gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils on the outside of the appliance, where it comes in contact with warmer air temperature in the kitchen and reverts to a liquid state.
3. The cool liquid continues on its journey towards the refrigerator evaporator component, finding its way through the coils within the appliance and top freezer compartment.
4. The coolant then absorbs the heated air from the interior of the refrigerator, thereby lowering the temperature back to the optimal final point.
5. The refrigerant then evaporates, and turns back into a gas form, and returns to the compressor to then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is often used in a lot of applications and household appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By extracting warmth from a single area and then transferring it to a different one the continuous cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling your home, creates a safe space for perishable food, and also helps with manufacturing and storage of a lot of different products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need service? You can schedule repair with United Appliance Repair.
United Appliance Repair can fix nearly all popular brands and models of refrigerators – that includes industrial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our licensed repairman in Union City complete training to repair issues with cooling, broken ice makers, condensation problems, water puddles and leaks, bulbs, touch panels, smart systems and other issues. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair! Schedule now!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2020  United Union City Appliance Repair